10 ways to improve your life with Dayle McGaHa
BLAME GAME? Due to the extensive number of problems, some people seem to seek out someone or something to blame. With this in mind, we are going to repeat a list of 10 points to relieve worry and stress.
1. Slow down. Plan ahead and allow enough time to get the most important things done without having to rush.
2. Snooze more. Try to get seven to nine hours of sleep each night. To fight insomnia, add mindfulness and activity.
3. Let worry go. The world won’t end if a few things fall off your plate. Give yourself a break and just breathe.
4. Laugh it up. Laughter makes us feel good. Don’t be afraid to laugh out loud, even when you’re alone.
5. Get connected. A daily dose of friendship is great medicine. Make time to call friends or family so you can catch up.
6. Get organized. Use “to do” lists to help you focus on your most important tasks and take big projects one step at a time.
7. Practice giving back. Volunteer your time or spend time helping out a friend. Helping others helps you.
8. Be active every day. Exercise can relieve mental and physical tension. Find something you think is fun and stick with it.
9. Give up the bad habits. Too much alcohol, tobacco or caffeine can increase blood pressure. Cut back or quit to decrease anxiety.
10. Lean into things you can change. Make time to learn a new skill, work toward a goal, or work to love and help others. COLUMN CLOSURE: Our city, county, state and nation has had its share of problems, no area is immune of worries. Folks, we have had some of these concerns before and we have overcome many, we can do it again if we stick together.
Let’s start boosting Blackwell better! God bless Blackwell and its people. P.S. Sound off, your comments are welcome at the BJT
Please support the Blackwell Journal-Tribune by subscribing today!